Time is a river...
Eleanor now available in paperback
Eleanor and Esmerelda are identical twins with a secret language all their own, inseparable until a terrible accident claims Esme’s life. Her family in tatters, Eleanor is forced to grow up more quickly than a child should, desperately trying to hold her unraveling home together. The days seem to blur together in a haze of unyielding sorrow.
Until her entire reality begins to unwind, and suddenly Eleanor finds herself slipping between unfamiliar worlds, torn from time itself by a mysterious stranger who seems to know Eleanor—and holds her family's darkest secrets.
Short story: The Dark Age
I was already in the program when Frannie and I met. Would I have signed up for this if we’d already been married? The Long Sleep, the Dark Age. One hundred forty-four years of hibernation sleep. Autopilot. Essential systems and life support only... A lot can happen in a century and a half...
Short story: Quiet Town
There had been plenty of laughter in those days. When the sun blazed and they called it a nice summer day, not an ice-melter like everyone did now. Gordy had been wrong. Everyone had been wrong. Fifty years, they'd said. In fifty years, the coastlines will be different. Your homes will be underwater... But it had happened in five.
- I joined my friends Isaac and Michelle on their books podcast, Go Away, I'm Reading once again. Full episode here.
- Rachael Herron and I talked about craft, editing, and Eleanor on her podcast How Do You Write? Full episode here.
- Eleanor has arrived in paperback in the U.S. and U.K. Here's where to find it!
- Here's what I'm reading now.
- Eleanor has arrived in German! Order here, or take a closer look here.